Jun 3, 2009

The Future of Gaming: Control

Yes.. We heard these words thousands of time over the course of the history of Video Games but now, it can truly be said. Graphics are 1 thing that is always improving but what about how you play it.. Not so much. The Wii w/ it's Motion Controller and Wii Balanced Board bough an new way to play games by moving our hands, arms, and body w/ the controller.

Now Sony had introduce it's prototype motion controller at E3 and it was amazing demonstration of it w/ 1 to 1 movement ratio..



Some might call it a Wii rip off w/o cords but you be the judge of it.

Microsoft also brought out a the motion controller codename: Project Natal. This Hands Free controller requires just your body. No Controller, No Board. You are the controller.



Also to help demonstrate it was Lionhead Studio, the ppl who made Fable 1 and 2 and Black & White among others.



Yea, some might called it a beef up version of Sony's Eye Toy but again, you be the judge.

I imagine playing games like if you want to do a shrouken, I'll jump w/ my fist above my head or if i want to cast multiple of death balls from my hands, I'll move my hands forward and back lots of time. I also imagine playing a game that voice base, If I want you my squad member to rig a bomb w/o pausing the game and such, I'll point to the location I want it and say rig the bomb (character name here). Controling the way we interact is changing, this should be alot of fun for millions of ppl.

One more thing.. 2 Player Start did a comic on "The Endless Posiabilaty of Project Natal".. It's pretty funny. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment