Dec 24, 2011

The Light Side Juggernaut -Part 2-




Story Side

   Starting from where I left on my previous post, I enter the Fleet and from there received a flashpoint mission for Black Talons. But before I do that I need to pick my Advanced Class and as the title of this series is, I went Juggernaut. Vette wanted to talk to me so we went to the bar in the middle of the fleet. She wanted the Shock Collar off her and I'm given the 3 option of Yes,Maybe and Shock her. I took em off and she felt kinda stupid for not asking earlier. I gain some nice affection points w/ her and we'll continue our partnership. Now onto my first ever flashpoint run.

Black Talons - Level 10 - 14 Flashpoint

   I did this w/ 2 Sith Assassins (lvl 15 and other lvl 11) and the lvl 15 Companion so no healers. This was a basic (for the most part) as it is the 1st one. We did group dialog through the instances and when it come to the light side and darkside option, I was outnumbered but I still get the light side points. You get Social points through out the flashpoint story which allows you to purchase special stuff like that infamous slave bikini (that's right folks) costume. We had no trouble until the end when we wipe against the Jedi thanks to her AoE before ending her. I recommend doing this one early w/ friends or a Pick Up Group.


Dromund Kaas - Level 11 to18

   This is a BIG planet and Kass (Kansas) City looks purely awesome. You'll wish you already have a mount from all the walking Running you have to do. I meet w/ Darth Baras and he wants me to oversee the transfer of a prisoner. Arriving at the cargo port and speaking to Commander Lanklyn two rival group lead by Slestack and TuMarr wanting the prisoner for their own means. The options that comes after is the reason why I like this class mission alot because of how it can go down. You can just Attack them all and get the jump, they team up to kill you or my favorite, get them to kill each other w/o dirtying your hands. After Getting the prisoner to Baras, you are sent to do other mission and while your master interrogate the Republic Agent.

The Power of Revan's Mask...... Frighting.
   Going off the class story a bit, you get a quest to find the identify of the Revanites Leader. For people that didn't played KOTOR, he/she was a master of the Light and Dark side. You do trials to be initiated into the cult like retrieving Revan's mask among others. After completion you innitation, you meet the master but she knows of what your contact wants to do to this cult and wants to frame his master of being the leader(Light Side Points) or I could lie. I of course agree to do it and so ends that Revan story.... For now.


   Back to the class story now, Baras, unsuccessfuly not being able to break Grik Sonosan wants me to retrieved an ancient torture device from the Dark Temple called the Ravager. Soon after retirving it, He force it on Grik and he instantly start giving the answers. Girk tells us that their's a young padawan w/ the power to see corruption in people but to keep their identify secret, he doesn't know it's name and such before the Ravager clams his mind and life. Baras gives me my own ship in Fury as he orders me off to the next 2 planets to kill his spies to cover his tracks.

Now this padawan is interesting cause since I'm playing a Light Side Juggernaut. If I meet this character, will my light side play a major role in this and possibly become a Jedi?!?! Who knows...

_________________________________________________________________________________

Combat Side

   W/ my companion Vette, it makes leveling as a tank easier since we don't exactly put out the godlike DPS  (Damage Per Second). She pulls aggro off me pretty easily and their in lies one of my problems from 10 to 14 or 16. Juggernaut don't get any aggro ability till 14 in Soresu Form and 16 in Taunt. Having taunt at level 12 would of been fine to have for my 1st Flashpoint. I'm going mostly Immortal built so I'll be ready to tank and be effective in defending my teammate in PvP w/ the Guard ability. Speaking of PvP....

Player vs Player Side

   My Role in PvP is to be the shield of my teammates that need it, a distraction, and the Huttball Ball holder/defender.

   No World PvP at this level since we're to far apart so warzones will have to do. Huttball can be an awesome game when other players know what to do instead of killing the person w/o the ball. I have not play enough of the others, 1 is Attack and Defend while the other is Capture and Hold. My minor gripes are when I use guard on an teammate, we might get separated due to knockback or the terrain. I would like it that below the character's feet that an icon appears pointing you towards the person you guarded. The other is an option to turn off character titles or/and legacy name in PvP cause it can be confusing at times. My biggest however is class specific in Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight. Seeing as many class has Crowd Controlling abilities, we don't get none of that till level 24 so you will feel a bit under powered till then.

   PvPing can be a great resource for XP although slightly nerfed since beta and Credit. By doing this, you can out level an Zone/Planet in a few matches at early level at lease.

   I will also say this.. If you see a stats like this for a Juggernaut. Can you please vote for him/her for MVP cause we keeping your damage taken lowered by 50%. We want love =)

Anyways... Game CD just arrived.. time to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment