Apr 12, 2009

Music Wars - Last.fm Vs Imeem Vs Pandora

 (UPDATE -- Imeem Merge in to the fuckfest that is called MySpace... This be a sad day but I'll leave it up if you want to read it.. January, 29,2010)

This is my opinion so yea... Getting that out their now.

The 3 Sites I'm gonna judge have many stuff in common like "create playlists" and differences like "ability to upload new music on the site". I signed up and try out all 3 of these sites. Here's what I think.

Last.fm
I have to say off the bat I'm digging the site looks over the others.

Anyways, The Good. It haves a deep list of artists and records and remixes. Theirs also the great layout of your page from what you listen to xx amount of time to seeing every music or group you played in a library of what exact song you heard. You can download your play list to play on your desktop music player of your choice.

The Ok... Groups and nice people.

The Bad... Depending on your taste, certain songs will only have 30 secs samples. That in terms hurts your library of music. Wish it has a pause button (you know, that song you in the middle of singing and an important call comes up).

Imeem
Alright. I has this site the longest out of the others by maybe 2.5 years.

The Good... A deep list of artist and records and tons of remixes for your pleasure.
The ability to upload music/music video to the site for all to see (if u wish).

The Ok... Decent profile page; kinda of a cross between My Space and Facebook w/ customizable background and stuff.

The Bad... Can also suffer from songs having only a 30 secs sample (even when it was previously a full song) but the owner or site can update the song to play fully. That can take days, weeks, or months. Only 1 mobile phone app for this site while others have at lease 3.

Pandora
A Nice site is a good thing but it's alot different from the others. This is basically a custom radio station site.

The Good... Multi mobile phone support. Sign in and immediately listen to the song, artist, or last station you was playing before you log. You can see what other music the artist made for that album and see the song lyrics and more.

The Ok... Nice and simple profile page.

The Bad... Can only skip 5 songs an Hour?!?! What da hell man =(.


So the best site of the 3 for me atlease is Imeem while Last.fm close behind. Reason I choose Imeem is that you can find just about ANY music from the rare to the odd, something the other 2 sites don't have; and if u absolutely can't find it, then find it and upload it on the site. =)

Don't get me wrong tho. I'll use all 3 but just don't expect me to be on Pandora alot, It'll be either Last.fm or Imeem. Fell free to send friend invite.

My Last.fm Profile || My Imeem Profile || My Pandora Profile

Oh... And Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment